Friday, May 26, 2006

Identity crisis

I have secided to expirament with new names for my blog because I am in a bit of a state of transition and my old title no longer seemed appropriate. I figure I'll just keep trying new ones until I find one I like. In the meantime, here are some of my recent changes:

1. I had a baby. Yeah, I know...all the trite drivel about never being the same again. And in some ways it's true but in some ways it isn't. I feel like I've been waiting all my life to have Sam and so now that he's here it's not so much that I am changing but that I'm finally me. Oh...and he smiles now. That makes it all worth while.

2. I moved. Owen and I are now living with his mom and dad in the creamery (a.k.a. guest house) until our new apartment is ready in the fall. It's a little cozy (a.k.a snug) but we're doing okay. Ask me again in a month and I may have different feelings.

3. I am about to begin my student teaching. This is still a little on the DL at work, since I am still out on my maternity leave. But beginning this fall I will be spending my days in Miss Penberthy's 3rd grade class. I can't wait! This is another apect of me finally becoming me.

4. I go to church again (usually). I'm not all God-crazy like some people, but we go when we're home. I wrestled with my feelings about church for a long time. Eventually I came to the conclusion that Sam is truly a miracle...and is the closes thing I've ever seen to proof of God. I figure that he deserves a chance to grow up with the kind of faith that his grandmas have and that I wish I had too. He's going to be baptized on August 6th. You're all invited!

No comments: