Friday, March 10, 2006

Friday Potpourri

Well, I’ve got to say, it has been a LONG week. The fact that we’ve had something going on every night combined with the fact that I have to prop my feet up for at least 3 hours in order to make the imprint from my shoes go away means that I haven’t had much free time. Actually, my feet are disgusting and I’m glad I can’t really see them anymore.

I was looking through the Microsoft clip art today while working on the weekly office newsletter when I discovered something kind of cool. They actually have a piece of clip art that looks like a baby with two mommies. It made me smile and I was proud of Microsoft for being so open-minded if they did it on purpose. I’m not entirely convinced it wasn’t an accident. But I was happy to find it there none the less. Unless…am I giving them too much credit? That’s certainly what it looks like to me. What do you think?
Also, I learned a very important rule of physics today: Do not ever tip an office chair on two legs to avoid having to get out of it to reach something. They have wheels that roll and sooner than you know you will be laying face-down on the floor with the chair partially on top of you. However, if you’re graceful like me, you will manage this feat absolutely soundlessly, and your coworkers will be none the wiser. If you are also massively deformed like me, it will take you 10 minutes of heavy breathing to recover from the strain of hauling yourself up off the floor in the time it take a mousetrap to discharge, lest one of your coworkers stumble upon you in a pile on the floor.

It is 4:00 yet?

1 comment:

Chastity said...

He he...that person in the purple looks like my dad circa 1978 to me.