Monday, September 12, 2005

Pregnancy update...

I am now 9 weeks pregnant and my boss still refuses to acknowledge the fact that there is a child inside me. This is a fun game she and I like to play called "ignore the pregnancy." I can't wait to see how it works when I'm 8 months pregnant. I imagine it will go something like, "Sarah, have you put on weight?" "No...just a little bloated. Retaining water..."

On a not so silly note, I have just heard from a friend here at work who has also been having fertility problems. She and her husband just underwent their second cycle of I.V.F. She found out this morning that it didn't work...again. They've already refinanced their house to pay for the first round - $30,000. I'm not sure how they paid for the second round. They have one more frozen embryo, their "last shot." My heart breaks for them. She is beginning to look into adoption, but her husband isn't really interested. It's so hard to deal with these issues in our line of work...all you see all day long is people who don't have any idea how lucky they are...people who, by all rights, should have their children removed by the courts. It tends to really hit home just how unfair life can be...

No comments: