Thursday, July 21, 2005

Another laundry list...

Okay okay...I have a confession to make: I like to talk about me. But who doesn't? After all, it's our very first topic of discussion ("How 'bout me?"). In any case, because it makes me feel special/important/interesting, I keep using my valuable work time (when I should actually be watering the frigging flowers for the fifty-hundredth time this week! What did get that degree for again?) to come up with creative answers to these "All about me" lists of factoids. So here's another one....borrowed from my dear friend and vice groom (a.k.a. best man) Andrew Andrew....who chooched it from somebody else.

Without furter adue, allow me to present you with...

My ABC's

A is for Age: 26 (until October)

B is for Booze: When I am allowed (not these days) I like Beam and Diet Coke. Amaretto Sours and Fuzzy Navels are also splendid.

C is for Career: Please GOD don’t let this be my career!!!

D is for Dad's name: Daniel. Danno if you’re family.

E is for Essential Item to bring to a Party: Um…for me I would have to say insecurity masked as a smug attitude.

F is for Favorite Songs at the Moment: “Defying Gravity” from the Wicked Soundtrack….or anything else from Wicked. “The Power of Two” by the Indigo Girls is always a favorite too.

G is for Goof-off thing to do: Um…I have a TiVo addiction. My husband is my TiVo enabler. Do they have 12 step programs for that?

H is for Hometown: Traverse City, MI

I is for Instrument you play: I am an excellent kazoo player.

J is for Jam or Jelly you like: I am 100% a strawberry gal. Nothing else will do.

K is for Kids: Working on it….success so far has been null. But you know what they say…practice makes perfect!

L is for Living arrangement: A rent-to-own house with Owen, my husband, and our “stray” (a.k.a. temporary roommate), Liam. And Roxie and Velma, wonder-cats (as in, “I wonder what they’re scheming today…). Oh…and soon: foster kids. Stay tuned.

M is for Mom's name: Sylvia. Sylv if you’re family. I have been forbidden from using it on my children. Kind of too bad, since I think it’s really pretty.

N is for Name of best friend: Owen…He’s my best friend and my husband all rolled into one. I’d say “no muss, no fuss” but that would be a big fat lie. Still…he’s the best husband I ever had (wink, wink) and I love him to pieces.

O is for overnight hospital stays: A few as a kid….pneumonia a few times and a tonsillectomy.

P is for Phobias: White creamy foods (mayo, salad dressing, whipped cream, sour cream, cream cheese, cottage cheese…that sort of thing). And yet somehow my sick, twisted mind is decidedly okay (I daresay even enthusiastic) about vanilla frosting and ice cream. What a crock.

Q is for Quote you like: I have two: “I am only one, but still I am one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do.” ~Helen Keller. Also, “Men, their rights, and nothing more; women, their rights, and nothing less.” ~ Susan B. Anthony

R is for Relationship that lasted longest: That would be my marriage…5 years this august and two years of dating before that. And we still hold hands. Can you believe it?

S is for Siblings: Two: Matt and Rachel. They rock. We have good times together. I love them both to death.

T is for Texas, ever been?: No, for two reasons. 1.) My hair isn’t big enough and 2.) I take that “Don’t mess with Texas” stuff seriously.

U is for Unique trait: The dot on my brain map is right in the middle. That means I am equally left and right brained and also equally an audio and visual learner.

V is for Vegetables you love: I love corn on the cob, green beans either from a can or raw, and peas that are still frozen. (I know, I know…..sick sick sick.)

W is for Worst traits: I am picky…about almost everything….food, clothes, décor, books, movies….you name it… Oh yeah...I also use the elipsis WAY too much. (And if you don't know what an elipsis is, look it up in the dictionary.) (I overuse parentheses too.)

X is for X rays you've had: Well…I’ve had several…my right knee, my right hand, my head (yes, they did manage to locate my brain…though not the aforementioned dot) and, most recently, my uterus. That was a joyful experience. Not. NotNotNotNotNotNot.

Y is for Yummy food you make: Chocolate chip cookies. And, recently, stuffed manicotti and Italian Soup (don’t worry, it’s not made with real Italians).

Z is for Zodiac sign: Libra…and I hate it. But I think all that zodiac stuff is bunk anyway.

No comments: