Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Fit me for a straight jacket...

Voicemail messages waiting for me when I got to work this morning:

1. “Sarah. Please take the list of names on your desk and put them into an Excel spreadsheet for a mail merge. Put the first name in column one, the last name in column two, the street address in column three, the state in column four, the zip code in column five and the telephone number in column six. (Mental response: Am I such an IDIOT that you think I don’t know what order information is supposed to be in to be sent in the mail or are you micromanaging me a TAD BIT?!?!?)

2. “Sarah. I know I have told you this before but PLEASE do not put abbreviations in the information of items to mail. I’m just looking at some of the attorney lists and there are abbreviations! Road needs to be spelled out: R-O-A-D. Drive D-R-I-V-E. Please don’t do this again. I just don't like them abbreviated and that's just something about me that you're going to have to get used to.” (Mental response: What the f*ck are you talking about?? I don’t do anything with any attorney lists…)

It's going to take some hefty willpower to keep me from jumping off a bridge until I can quit in December. The sad part? I'm actually beginning to like some of the stuff I do there. (Sigh.)

No comments: