Friday, February 24, 2006

Happy Friday

I have a co-worker who hates me. Today is yet another of her seeminly random "pretend Sarah Doesn't exist days." She will neither look at me nor speak to me (except when she wants to tell me to do something).

I think her anger has something to do with the fact that I came in at 9 today instead of 8. Why? Because I was fortunate enough to have to work an 11-hour day on Wednesday. I'm not allowed overtime and, therefore, I have to take comp time within the same pay period, which ends today. This and the fact that I left an hour early yesterday obviously makes me evil. Just wait until I get to my two-hour lunch today.

I think she may also hate me because she was demoted out of my job shortly before I was hired. Clearly this is also my fault. She is extremely bossy (perhaps not the best trait in a secretary) and often forgets that she is neither my boss nor my mother. It never goes well for me when I have to remind her of this.

Why am I writing all of this? I don't know...I guess I needed a venue to vent a little. But when I checked my email this morning and got the following message from my sister, it seemed not only extremely timely, but appropriate.


No comments: