Monday, February 13, 2006

Our first "playtime" with Sam

I read this morning that, now that he is at 31 weeks, Sam should weight about 3 pounds, 5 oz. and measure about 16 inches long. It’s funny how he can seem so big and so small at the same time. We went to the doctor last week and, once more, she informed us that all was well and progressing normally. She also said that she would see me back in her office in 3 weeks and then every week after that. So I guess that means we’re getting down to the wire. This next Sunday (2/19) will be officially the 8-month mark. To read more about Sam’s progress, click here.

Sam and Owen had fun “playing” for the first time last night. Owen would gently poke my belly in one spot 3 or 4 times and then lay his hand flat on that spot and Sam would poke back from the inside. They did this for 10 or 15 minutes and it was really kind of thrilling for both of us. I had read about playing this “game” in one of my books but was really skeptical about it. And maybe it was a fluke – who knows. But we both had a good chuckle with it.

No comments: