Thursday, August 04, 2005

My FIRST music meme (that's kind of fun to say!):

What is the total amount of music files on your computer?
Um…about 7.7 gigs. And no I wasn’t “Afraid” to answer….I just had no idea and am not so good at guessing.

The CD you last bought?
Well…when I first read this(back before I figured out how to answer it) , I’m pretty sure the last C.D. I bought was almost a year ago when I bought the Avenue Q Soundtrack and the Garden State Soundtrack. But last night I go Jack Johnson’s “In Between Dreams.” That’s my deal….you get one I get one too. Hehehe.

What was the last song you listened to before reading this message?
“Something Beautiful” by Robbie Williams. Actually, it reminded me that I still had to do this thingie. I was trying to figure out what songs to put for the next question.

Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.
I’m going to look at this from an “over a long period of time” perspective, sincethey change daily.

1. “Something Beautiful” by Robbie Williams (also…“Solsbury Hill” Peter Gabriel): These songs remind me of my time in Prague. I spent a lot of time alone there, just me and my headphones. For some reason, “Solsbury Hill” reminds me of the metro and “Something Beautiful” reminds me of my road trip to Poland. It was all over the radio there and all we had to listen to was the car radio and each other.

2. “Power of Two” by the Indigo Girls (also…“By Your Side” Sade): These are my “together we can get through anything” songs. Dealing with all this infertility stuff has been really hard on me…and for a long time hearing either of these songs was sure to make me cry. Things are getting better, though.

3. “Defying Gravity” sung by Idina Menzel in the original Broadway cast of Wicked: I just love this song…I love how empowering it is and I love to sing it in the car and in the shower (my two favorite concert venues). It’s about somebody taking a stand for what she believes in, even though it may not be the most popular choice.

4. "Romeo and Juliet” by Dire Straits: This is one of the first songs (and one of the few songs) that Owen and I both agreed was a good song. It always makes me think of him. It’s a kind-of “our song” for me, even though it isn’t.

5. The version of “Over the Rainbow” by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole: I love this song, it’s so pretty and so innocent. It’s pure and sweet. I love this man’s voice (and it TOTALLY does not match his body. He was a HUGE Hawaiian Dude…but he passed away.) Anyways, show tunes (even reworked ones) have a special place in my heart. I recently discovered that I am a gay man trapped in a straight woman’s body (‘cept the sex part.).

Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?
Um…nobody. I don’t know anybody else with a blog. (I know…you can say it…loser.) I regularly drop the ball. Never send me chain letters. NEVER.

No comments: