Tuesday, August 30, 2005

More baby photos

Well, everybody, here are the ultrasound photos from our second OBGYN visit this morning. This time we got two different ones. The doctor says that everything is going prefectly and the baby is the right size and shape. You can see on the right-hand side of the ultrasound that the baby measures 1 cm and is at a gestational age of 7 weeks and 1 day. In the picture below, I have used arrows to show what is what. The blue arrow is pointing to the yolk sack and the red arrow is pointing to the baby! For the first time, this morning, Owen and I could see the baby's heart beating. Since last time we could't see much more than a black spot, this was very exciting! You can also see a little nubbin of an arm.

I go back to the doctor again on September 26. I'm not sure if I'll have another ultrasound or not but the nurse told me that each time I go in they will want to either see or hear the baby.

No comments: